Contactless Laser Extensometers
Model : LE-05, LE-15
- Model LE-05 and LE-15 extensometers measure strain optically, without contacting the specimen, using laser diode technology.
- The extensometers are self-contained and portable. They may be interfaced with a variety of testing machines and data acquisition systems using the ±10V analog output or bi-directional RS-232 serial port. Operation may be local or remote. A digital display is included.
- The scanning beam is always perpendicular to the specimen, unlike most laser extensometers. This eliminates errors when viewing through windows in chambers.
- It also minimizes sensitivity to the distance between the extensometer and the sample. Because the unit measures reflected light, no receiver is required behind the sample.
- Non-contacting optical design requires only reflective tape marks on the specimen, or clip-on reflectors.
- Ideal for use in chambers-calibration not affected by aiming through viewing windows.
- High resolution of 1 micron.
- Full 127 mm (5 inch) or 381 mm (15 inch) measuring range allows high elongation measurements (e.g. 200% on a 25 mm gauge length).
- Consult factory for options like reflective clips for high temperature use ¹Over optimum displacement range at calibrated distance<br>Note: Specifications measured at 25℃ and 50% relative humidity
- Measurement Range:
LE-05: 8 to 127 mm (0.3 to 5 inches); LE-15: 8 to 381 mm (0.3 to 15 inches)
- Max. Resolution:
LE-05: 0.001 mm (0.0001 inches); LE-15: 0.01 mm (0.001 inches)
LE-05: ±0.01 mm (±0.0004 inches); LE-15: ±0.04 mm (±0.002 inches)
LE-05: ±0.005 mm (±0.0002 inches); LE-15: ±0.04 mm (±0.002 inches)
- Max. Scan Rate:
- Target Distance:
Two selectable factory preset values between 254 and 457 mm (10 and 18 inches)
- Default values are:
LE-05: 305 and 381 mm (12 and 15 inches)
LE-15: 381 and 457 mm (15 and 18 inches)
- Zero Suppression:
Reading may be set to zero anywhere in measuring range
- Scan Line Orientation:
- Scan Averaging:
Moving window averaging over a selectable number of scans
- Analog Output:
6 bit, ±10 VDC standard
- Full Scale Ranges
0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 5.0, 10.0, or 20.0 inches
(model dependent) Optional 2.0, 5.0,10, 20, 50, 100, 200, or 500 mm
- Digital Communications:
RS-232 serial communications, standard 3 wire
- Selectable Baud Rate:
9600, 4800, 2400, or 1200
2 line, 16 character digital display, backlit LCD
- Power Input:
115 VAC ±10%, 50/60 Hz standard
230 VAC ±10%, 50/60 Hz optional
LE-15: 668 L x 457 H x 196 W mm (27 L x 18 H x 7.7 W inches)
LE-05: 4.5 kg (10 lbs), LE-15: 20.4 kg (45 lbs)
- Mounting Provisions:
1/4-20 UNC tapped holes in base (4)
- Laser Source:
Diode laser, 670 nm, CDRH Certified Class II laser instrument