High Temperature Transverse Extensometers (700 °C) – Model 7675
Model : 7675
- These transverse extensometers use a high-temperature capacitive sensor and do not require any cooling.
- They will operate up to the maximum temperature limit of most environmental chambers used in materials testing.
- The Model 7675 is ideal for determination of Poisson’s ratio, and for characterization of anisotropic materials such as composites.
- All units can accommodate both positive and negative displacements. Model 7675 transverse extensometers are compatible with most Model 7642 high-temperature axial extensometers.
- The 7675 is supplied with the advanced DT6229 controller. The standard output is 0-10VDC analog signal, factory calibrated with the extensometer.
- This system provides a number of functional enhancements, including high speed digital output, built in calibration and tare functions, analog and digital filters, and more.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Self-supporting on specimen.
- Improved accuracy, resolution, and noise rejection at high temperature.
- Reduced size and weight, and improved high frequency performance.
- All standard models are suitable for cyclic testing, >25 Hz is typical.
- Digital controller and power supply included. Provides high level DC voltage output with low noise. Easily interfaced to test controllers, data acquisition boards and chart recorders.
- Includes high speed analog and digital outputs
- Intuitive web-based user interface for setup, calibration, and data acquisition
- Built-in calibration reference and auto-zero features
- Multiple extensometer calibration files may be loaded for use with one controller
- Multiple temperature-specific calibrations may be stored
- Selectable analog and digital filter options from 2 Hz to 3 kHz
- Ships fully calibrated with electronics (traceable to NPL (UK)) with user specified voltage output. <
- Mechanical over-travel protection.
- Suitable for measuring Poisson’s ratio per ASTM E132 with most materials and specimens.
- Durable stainless steel knife edges.
- Includes high quality foam lined case.
- Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance. The next-generation design enables cyclic testing at much higher frequencies.
- Reverse cable exit available
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand test equipment
- Bulkhead adapters for vacuum chambers
- Dual-channel DT6229 controller
- Specialty knife edges
- Analog Output: User specified, +/-5 VDC or +/-10VDC typical, ±10.8VDC rail
- Digital Output: 24 bit high speed Ethernet output with built-in web interface
- Linearity: 11 point linearization, ≤0.1% of full scale typical
- Resolution: <55 PPM (0.006%FS) RMS@4 kHz, <6 PPM (0.0006%FS)@100 Hz
- Cyclic Testing: >25 Hz typical
- Analog Filter: Selectable 100 Hz analog and 2 Hz - 3 kHz digital filters
- Temperature Range: Ambient to 700℃(1300°F). Use up to 800℃ is possible – contact Epsilon for details. Springs may require periodic adjustment or replacement after long-term testing above ~600℃
- Temperature Sensitivity (Gain): <100 PPM/℃ (0.01%FS/℃) typical
- Temperature Sensitivity (Offset): 20 PPM/℃ (0.002%FS/℃) typical
- Sensor Cable: 0.7 m (2.5 ft) tri-axial high temperature cable, plus 1.5 m (5 ft) room temperature extension cable
- Specimen Size: Fits round samples up to 25 mm (1.0 inch) diameter and flats to 25 mm (1.0 inch) wide
- Operating Force: 1-2 kgf (30-60 oz) typical, depending on model
- Environment: Recommended for elevated temperature testing in dry air, inert / non-corrosive gases, or vacuum
- Power: Includes power supply for your country (specify)