High Temperature Furnace COD Gages (1200 °C or 1600 °C) – Model 3548COD
Model : 3548COD
- These COD gages mount on a water-cooled bracket, which is mounted on the furnace side cut-out or with optional load frame support brackets.
- The standard temperature version (to 1200℃) is supplied with high purity alumina rods. The high temperature option is furnished with alpha grade silicon carbide rods.
- Rods are made to order to the length required for your furnace. Mounting brackets may be integrated with the furnace cut-out.
- Epsilon can also provide optional load frame mounting brackets to fit your test frame. Contact edges on the test sample should be somewhat rounded (not sharp knife edges) for best performance with this model.
- The Model 3548COD extensometers are strain gaged devices, making them compatible with any electronics designed for strain gaged transducers.
- Most often they are connected to a test machine controller.
- The signal conditioning electronics for the extensometer is typically included with the test machine controller or may often be added. In this case the extensometer is shipped with the proper connector and wiring to plug directly into the electronics.
- For systems lacking the required electronics, Epsilon can provide a variety of solutions, allowing the extensometer output to be connected to data acquisition boards, chart recorders or other equipment.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Full bridge, 350 ohm strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system.
- All standard units meet existing ASTM E1820 requirements for accuracy. A test certificate is included.
- All units come with either high purity alumina ceramic rods (1200℃) or alpha grade silicon carbide rods (1600℃).
- Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance.
- Includes high quality foam lined case and a spare set of ceramic rods.
- Load frame mounting brackets
- High temperature option (-HT suffix) for use to 1600℃
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand test equipment
- Shunt Calibration
- Excitation: 5 to 10 VDC recommended, 12 VDC or VAC max.
- Output: 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal, depending on model
- Linearity: ≤0.15% of full scale measuring range, depending on model
- Temperature Range: Standard (-ST) is to 1200 °C (2200 °F), optional (-HT) 1600 °C (2900 °F)
- Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
- Operating Force: 30 g typical