High Temperature Clip-On Gages (700 °C) – Model 7641
Model : 7641
- These COD gages use a high-temperature capacitive sensor and do not require any cooling. They will operate up to the maximum temperature limit of most environmental chambers used in materials testing.
- The Model 7641 is ideal for determination of fracture mechanics parameters such as JIC, KIC, R-curve, fatigue crack growth rate (da/dN), and testing to standards such as E1820, E399, E647, etc. All units can be displaced slightly in compression for ease of installation.
- The COD gage is supplied with the advanced DT6229 controller. The standard output is 0-10VDC analog signal, factory calibrated with the COD gage. This system provides a number of functional enhancements, including: high speed digital output, built in calibration and tare functions, analog and digital filters, and more.
- The 7641 is readily interfaced with most existing test controllers, and may be directly connected to a data acquisition system or chart recorder, or directly to a PC. The 7641 may be used for strain controlled tests such as JIC.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Improved performance at high temperature.
- Improved noise rejection, resolution, and accuracy.
- Improved clearance with most clevis designs.
- Improved linearity and reduced stiffness.
- Reduced size and weight, and improved high frequency performance.
- All standard models are suitable for cyclic testing.
- >25 Hz is typical for 10mm GL and larger, up to 100 Hz for some configurations
- Typically limited by the user’s test apparatus, software settings, and filter selection
- Digital controller and power supply included. Provides high level DC voltage output with low noise. Easily interfaced to test controllers, data acquisition boards and chart recorders.
- Includes high speed analog and digital outputs
- Intuitive web-based user interface for setup, calibration, and data acquisition
- Built-in calibration reference and auto-zero features
- Multiple extensometer calibration files may be loaded for use with one controller
- Multiple temperature-specific calibrations may be stored
- Selectable analog and digital filter options from 2 Hz to 3 kHz
- Ships fully calibrated with electronics (traceable to NPL (UK)) with user specified voltage output.
- Mechanical over-travel protection.
- All standard units meet ASTM E1820, ASTM E399, ISO 12135, and ISO 9513 Class 1 requirements for accuracy. A test certificate for ASTM E1820 is included. ASTM E399 or ISO 12135 test certificates are available upon request.
- Durable stainless steel knife edges.
- Includes high quality foam lined case.
- Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance. The next-generation design enables cyclic testing at much higher frequencies
- Connectors to interface to nearly any brand test equipment
- Bulkhead adapters for vacuum chambers
- Bolt on knife edges for attachment to test specimens without machined attachment points
- Analog Output: User specified, +/-5 VDC or +/-10VDC typical, ±10.8VDC rail
- Digital Output: 24 bit high speed Ethernet output with built-in web interface
- Linearity: 11 point linearization, ≤0.1% FS typical linearity
- Resolution: <55 PPM (0.006%FS) RMS@4 kHz, <6 PPM (0.0006%FS)@100 Hz
- Cyclic Testing: >25 Hz typical@10mm GL, >10 Hz@5mm GL
- Analog Filter: Selectable 100 Hz analog and 2 Hz - 3 kHz digital filters
- Temperature Range: Ambient to 700℃(1300°F). Use up to 800℃ is possible – contact Epsilon for details. Springs may require periodic adjustment or replacement after long-term testing above ~600℃.
- Temperature Sensitivity (Gain): <100 PPM/℃(0.01%FS/℃) typical
- Temperature Sensitivity (Offset): 20 PPM/℃(0.002%FS/℃) typical
- Sensor Cable: 0.7 m (2.5 ft ) tri-axial high temperature cable, plus 1.5 m (5 ft) room temperature extension cable
- Operating Force: 1-5 kg typical, depending on model
- Environment: Recommended for elevated temperature testing in dry air, inert / non-corrosive gases, or vacuum
- Power: Includes power supply for your country (specify)